quote

Know, first, who you are then adorn yourself accordingly

TICK TOCK.....

I realize I'm behind on the tortoise shell trend. While its been everywhere this year I think of it more for Autumn with its lovely browns and golds tones.

With a dash of red (cigarette pants maybe?) and a great classic trench, this will be my entire look for this upcoming season. Regrettably not summer. I talked about the death of summer here


Oh, but I was rocking the sunglasses! Score one point....



But what I really craved in tortoiseshell was a new watch. As soon as I spotted it, this became my new obsession:


Michael Kors 'Blair' Watch $250

But for someone like me for whom a watch is nothing more than another cute bracelet that happens to be functional that was a steep price to pay for something that sooner rather than later would get lost or broken. Sadly. So I moved on to search for a better alternative. Read: less pricey.

I found a similar one at Urban Outfitters but before I could decide yay or nay on it, it disappeared. Another miss there. I had finally thought yes but waited too late. My go to when other leads find me stranded? Ebay! There I found two great watches in my price range:


JCP Knockoff Relic® Crystal Bezel Tortoise Inspired Resin Watch $40

Avon Wild Safari Faux Tortoise Watch $19.99

Luckily for me, being behind the trend means both are on sale! Downsides- the Relic is in silver and the Avon only has "faux chronographs". I do think I can live with the silver. So the JCPenny's it is!
This decision was made before I saw this little gem right here:
Oniss Paris Men's Prezioso Swiss Quartz Bracelet Watch $450 (on sale!)

How nice is that?! Deliciousness....Hmm. Kinda makes me want some blueberry cobbler. Or beets! Oooh. Are you a fan of beets? I am. Here's a lovely video for a recipe for beet cake. Enjoy!


-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment